Diploma in Basic Rural Technology (DBRT)To become Entrepreneur! Maker! Innovator and Good human being!
Entry Criteria: Willing to work by hand, Min 15 yrs age but no academic grades required, willing to stay in village environment with minimum facilities and anyone with lots of energy!
Vigyan ashram is pleased to announce opening of admission for “Diploma in Basic Rural Technology” for the academic year 2022 – 23.
Qualification : Min 15 years of age / willingness to work by hand.
Desirable: Min 10th / 12th (Not a mandatory criteria for suitable candidate)
Duration: 1 year, Certified by National Institute of Open Schooling
Course Duration: 10th July 2022 – 25th June 2023
COVID vaccination – two doses are compulsory
Important features of the course:
This is a multi-skill program in which training is given in the area of:
- Engineering: –(Fabrication & construction & Basic Carpentry, Engineering Drawing, Costing), Fab-Lab & Digital Fabrication.
- Energy & Environment: –(Electrical, Motor rewinding, survey techniques, solar /biogas
- Home and Health: Sewing, food processing and rural lab
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry:-Poly-house, poultry, goat farming, dairy nursery technique.
- Beside this computer, meditation, communication skills, sports, Adventure etc. are parts of the program.
- Educational methodology- Learning while Doing in real life situation.
- Useful for those- who want to start their own enterprises.
- Hostel facility is available
- Limited loan scholarships are available for deserving students. Students are expected to repay back the amount after completion of course. Please contact Director, Vigyan Ashram for loan scholarship.
- Girls students are encouraged and have special scholarships.
- Medium of communication: Marathi / Hindi / English.
Course Fees :
- Tuition Fees: Rs.18,000/- [ Including NIOS admission fees of Rs.3250/-]
- kitchen charges: Rs.24000/-pa (Rs. 2000 per month)
It includes breakfast – 1 time (with milk), lunch (bhakari, /chapati rice and, Sabji), Dinner (chapatti, rice, dal, subji, curd)
- Hostel charges: Rs.3000/- ( one year)
- Hostel utility Bed , mosquito net : Rs.1,000/-
- Total Fees for a year = A + B + C + D = Rs. 46,000/-
There are limited loan scholarships are available for deserving students. Please contact us for more information.
We are able to keep our fees low and affordable due to financial support from Asha for Education and Eaton Foundation.
Please fill up following form online for admission or send hard copy of the attached form.
- Students are expected to observe discipline. Morning Prayer, Exercise, meditation are compulsory. Smart phones are not allowed for students.
- Students seeking scholarship needs to deposit all original documents, they need to give two person recommending student and take guarantee for course completion and loan repayment.
- Parents of students having special needs must consult Director before taking admission.
- Students with special needs / different abilities / physically challenged ; please talk to Director. We will advise you to check suitability of the course for your ward.
- Addiction of any form will not be tolerated.
Please show following documentary to parents / students :
Vigyan Ashram online exhibition:
Interview with Dr.Yogesh Kulkarni (Marathi)
Admission form and Broachers
- Please click here for more information on DBRT:
- Information about DBRT
- Brochure in English
- Brochure in Marathi
- Download Application form
Vigyan Ashram, At Post- Pabal
District- Pune 412403
Phone: Mr. Vishal Jagtap : +91-9730005025
For any queries/doubts / information, please contact