Diploma in Basic Rural Technology (DBRT)To become Entrepreneur! Maker! Innovator and Good human being!
Entry Criteria: Willing to work by hand, Min 15 yrs age but no academic grades required, willing to stay in village environment with minimum facilities and anyone with lots of energy!
Vigyan ashram is pleased to announce opening of admission for “Diploma in Basic Rural Technology” for the academic year 2021 – 22.
Qualification : Min 15 years of age / willingness to work by hand.
Desirable: Min 8th Pass (Not a mandatory criteria for suitable candidate)
Duration: 1 year, Certified by National Institute of Open Schooling
Course Duration: 01th Aug 2021 – 25th June 2022
COVID advisory :
Once admitted to campus, students are not allowed to go outside the campus. There is strict 7 days isolation whenever they will arrive on campus from holidays.
There will be two students in a room and all COVID advisory norms viz. face mask, not eating together and seating in a group and gathering has be followed.
Students can go for exercise/cycling etc individually.
18 year + students are allowed on completion of their first dose of vaccine or as advised by Govt.
Students between 15 – 18th year of age are allowed on campus based on Govt health advisory.
Students who will not able to join on 1st Aug , will be given D-I-Y activities at home via online lectures. All major practical’s will be completed on their joining the campus.
Important features of the course:
This is a multi-skill program in which training is given in the area of:
- Engineering: –(Fabrication & construction & Basic Carpentry, Engineering Drawing, Costing), Fab-Lab & Digital Fabrication.
- Energy & Environment: –(Electrical, Motor rewinding, survey techniques, solar /biogas
- Home and Health:Sewing, food processing and rural lab
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry:-Poly-house, poultry, goat farming, dairy nursery technique.
- Beside this computer, meditation, communication skills, sports, Adventure etc. are parts of the program.(subject to COVID guidelines)
- Educational methodology- Learning while Doing in real life situation.
- Useful for those- who want to start their own enterprises.
- Hostel facility is available
- Limited loan scholarships are available for deserving students. Students are expected to repay back the amount after completion of course. Please contact Director, Vigyan Ashram for loan scholarship.
- Girls students are encouraged and have special scholarships.
- Medium of communication: Marathi / Hindi / English.
Course Fees :
- Tuition Fees: Rs.18,000/-
- Hostel & kitchen charges: Rs.18000/-pa (Rs. 1500 per month)
It includes breakfast – 1 time (with milk), lunch (bhakari, /chapati rice and, Sabji), Dinner (chapatti, rice, dal, subji, curd)
- Deposit (Compulsory) : Rs.3000/- (It is refundable on successful completion of the course. It is for meeting any contingencies or incidental expenses, VA has to make on student. viz medical, student leaving hostel without informing, professional counselling, returning of goods given to students etc.)
- accommodation maintenance charges : 1,000/-
- Total Fees for a year = A + B + C + D = Rs. 40,000/-
Please fill up following form online for admission or send hard copy of the attached form.
- Students are expected to observe discipline. Morning Prayer, Exercise, meditation are compulsory. Smart phones are not allowed for students.
- Students seeking scholarship needs to deposit all original documents, they need to give two person recommending student and take guarantee for course completion and loan repayment.
- Parents of students having special needs must consult Director before taking admission.
- Students with special needs / different abilities / physically challenged ; please talk to Director. We will advise you to check suitability of the course for your ward.
- Addiction of any form will not be tolerated.
Please show following documentary to parents / students :
Vigyan Ashram online exhibition:
Interview with Dr.Yogesh Kulkarni (Marathi)